Friday, October 2, 2009

LIFE UPDATE

For the past months, I've found immense pleasure posting in my Facebook Notes random thoughts and bits and pieces of my life as a tutor rather than here in my blog. The reason for doing so? I wanted people to read my posts and react. Perhaps it's the true mark of a writer--the desire for your work to be read and evaluated.

I feel that I owe it to my blog to write something here.

I've spent the month of September juggling two jobs--a coaching job for the National Students Convention and my tutoring work in ATC. The month of October is now here and I'm still doing these two things...and more. Why? Well, it's simply because I love what I'm doing. I love being around these kids who, no matter how mischievous they can become, depend on me to help them with whatever they need. I love doing what I do best and benefitting people in the process.

When I volunteered to coach the Enfuego delegates for the NSC, I did it because I knew I could help them. I knew I had the capacity to train them and develop in them skills that I myself developed when I was also a delegate. I simply volunteered because I wanted them to experience the success and fulfillment I also did.

I was so thankful to God when I found out that I was to be compensated for my "voluntary work." All of a sudden, my monthly income suddenly doubled for the month of September just because I decided to put to good use my knowledge of writing and public speaking.

As for the experience, it has just been truly amazing. The kids are just great to be around. I feel that spending my day there training with them or simply conversing with them about random things is a worthwhile experience.

That's about it for now. I'm simply emptying my head of thoughts without really being an "elaborate" writer.

Maybe my next entry will have more of the "literary quality."

Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment